Warnings Errors On New Install

CMSimple 4.0 und höher
spjoruss

Warnings Errors On New Install

Post by spjoruss »

Hello Gert,

I installed the latest version 5.11 to a new Web Host and when I went to the site in my browser all I could see are all these warnings. Any idea what is going on?

Thanks,
Sperry'

Warning: copy(./content/content.php): Failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/public/cms/cmsimple/cms.php on line 99

Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /home/public/cms/cmsimple/cms.php on line 100

Warning: copy(./content/pagedata.php): Failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/public/cms/cmsimple/cms.php on line 102

Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /home/public/cms/cmsimple/cms.php on line 103

Warning: copy(./cmsimple/languages/de.php): Failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/public/cms/cmsimple/cms.php on line 105

Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /home/public/cms/cmsimple/cms.php on line 106

Warning: copy(./cmsimple/languages/en.php): Failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/public/cms/cmsimple/cms.php on line 107

Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /home/public/cms/cmsimple/cms.php on line 108

Warning: copy(./disabled_plugins.txt): Failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/public/cms/cmsimple/cms.php on line 109

Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /home/public/cms/cmsimple/cms.php on line 110

Warning: copy(./_cmsimpleAdmin.php): Failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/public/cms/cmsimple/cms.php on line 111

Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /home/public/cms/cmsimple/cms.php on line 112

Warning: rename(./templates/cmsimple_default,./templates/__cmsimple_default__): Permission denied in /home/public/cms/cmsimple/cms.php on line 115

Warning: file_put_contents(./setupControl.php): Failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/public/cms/cmsimple/cms.php on line 121

Warning: copy(./cmsimple/config.php): Failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/public/cms/cmsimple/cms.php on line 122

Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /home/public/cms/cmsimple/cms.php on line 123

Warning: include(./cmsimple/config.php): Failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/public/cms/cmsimple/cms.php on line 149

Warning: include(): Failed opening './cmsimple/config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php/8.2.7-nfsn1/lib/:/usr/local/php/lib/') in /home/public/cms/cmsimple/cms.php on line 149
Config file missing
Gert

Re: Warnings Errors On New Install

Post by Gert »

spjoruss wrote: Tue 4. Jul 2023, 20:14 Any idea what is going on?
Maybe you have to make following folders writeable by ftp:

/cms/
/cms/cmsimple/
/cms/content/
/cms/templates/

At first try chmod 0755, and if it not works try 0777. If 0777 is necessary, you should set it (back?) to 0755 after install.

Normally this is not necessary on modern webservers, maybe your ftp program sets wrong chmod values for folders, or your provider is crazy :roll:

For example: what is the chmod value for /cms/content/ after ftp upload on your server?

Gert

PS: On your normal website you also have a warning on top, there the update to CMSimple 5.11 seems not to be uploaded completely. Witch ftp program you are using?
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services
spjoruss

Post by spjoruss »

Sorry. I should have been more detailed. On my normal website I had updated it to 5.11 and had that warning at the top. So I decided to do a fresh install in a sub directory to test it and had those numerous errors. https://www.sperryruss.com/cms/

I should have put the test url in my question. Can you look at that and see what you think? I using FileZilla FTP.

Thanks,
Sperry
Gert

Post by Gert »

spjoruss wrote: Wed 5. Jul 2023, 05:37 So I decided to do a fresh install in a sub directory to test it and had those numerous errors. https://www.sperryruss.com/cms/
I know, I found it already yesterday, and all I can say you can find in my first post: Your CMSimple can not copy files to the mentioned folders.

For more tests I would need ftp access,

Gert

===========================

PS: The warning on top of your website tells you what you have to do ;)

The file ./setup/defaults/CMSimpleDebug.txt not exists, so it was not uploaded by update and can not be copied.

You also can upload the file ./setup/defaults/CMSimpleDebug.txt directly from the unzipped download to the folder ./userfiles/_core/ in your installation on the webserver.

But this solves only this one problem, and not your problems with new installations ... you should contact your provider for file- and folder permissions by ftp upload.

Where is the website hosted?
spjoruss

Post by spjoruss »

The Host is: nearlyfreespeech.net

I found that I can upload with Winscp and set permissions that I want in that client.

When changing the permissions should all the folders and files be set back to 0755?

I can give you ftp access but don't want you to waste all your time on my problem. If you want to take the time then I will send you my ftp access.

Thanks.
Gert

Post by Gert »

spjoruss wrote: Wed 5. Jul 2023, 17:48 I can give you ftp access but don't want you to waste all your time on my problem.
At first I am interested to make some tests on your server to find out, if your server is "especially configured" and if I can do something for such cases in CMSimple. Beside this, maybe your problem also will be solved ;)

You can send me the ftp access data by PM,

thank you - Gert
Gert

Post by Gert »

Hello Sperry,

thanks for ftp access.

Your server is "crazy" (old fashioned) configured, and CMSimple can do nothing against.

You have to take care for file- and folder permissions, for every folder where CMSimple wants to create files (0777), and for every file that CMSimple wants to edit.

Minimum after Upload (0777):

./
./cmsimple/languages/
./cmsimple/
./content/
./templates/
./userfiles/_core/

After an update you have to delete the files (if exists):

./userfiles/_core/CMSimpleDebug.txt
./userfiles/_core/_CMSimpleDebug.txt

That all is caused by the configuration of owner/group on your server. Tell your provider, that:
  • files, uploaded by ftp, should be editable by CMSimple/php script
  • CMSimple/php scripts should be able to create files in folders, uploaded by ftp
Your provider should know, what is to do, or can you change it yourself in the admin area of your webspace? I don't know,

Gert
spjoruss

Post by spjoruss »

Gert,

Thank you very much for all your help! I made a donation through Paypal.

I have two providers. I did some research on the help section of Nearlyfreespeech and they say that they have things setup on their servers different that other providers. They say that the permissions and other things are set that way for security. :roll: I uploaded CMSimple to my other provider and had no warnings or errors.
Gert

Post by Gert »

spjoruss wrote: Thu 6. Jul 2023, 15:44 I made a donation through Paypal.
Thank yo very much :)
spjoruss wrote: Thu 6. Jul 2023, 15:44 ... and they say that they have things setup on their servers different than other providers. They say that the permissions and other things are set that way for security. :roll:
That would mean, all the most other webspaces are unsafe :lol:

I work on a lot of my clients' web servers, but in the last 10 years or more I've never had to worry about file and folder permissions. This is the modern way of server configuration :roll:

Have fun on the other webserver - Gert