Searchbox appearance. Different on windows and ipad

Allgemeines
Marien

Searchbox appearance. Different on windows and ipad

Post by Marien »

Hi Gert,

I have a website with a subdomain. On both sites I placed a searchbox. On windows the searchboxes look as expected.
But on an ipad the appearance is totally different. I suppose it can be changed in the stylesheet. That did work when I test it on my Synology NAS, but not on the ipad.

Is this an iOS problem?

My websites are
http://www. science4all.nl
http://desmids.science4all.nl/

Best regards,
Marien
Gert

Re: Searchbox appearance. Different on windows and ipad

Post by Gert »

Marien wrote: Thu 20. Apr 2023, 15:17 Is this an iOS problem?
It's iOS, but is it really a problem?

I only have an old iPad and the only difference I can see is more or less rounded corners. If there are major differences, please make screenshots, upload them to your webspace and show them here.

But: Forms and buttons can be displayed differently in different browsers or operating systems, and it's not that easy to style them the same for all media by CSS. It may be better to accept small differences ;)

Beside this: Your templates are absolutely outdated (old doctype, table based design, not responsive ...), I am not willing to be busy with such old templates. You should ask the designer of the templates, or use a more modern template with an up to date design,

Gert
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services
Marien

Post by Marien »

Thanks Gert,

Actually it is no problem, apart from the fact that the caption of the search button on my desmid site is almost the same color as the background. So the text is not visible on my ipad with ios 16.3.1. On the other site the caption is visible.

I am in the process of updating my website that was originally designed with cmsimple 3.3. So I am aware of the old template,
But I am glad it still runs and that gives me time to update the template.

Best regards,
Marien
Gert

Post by Gert »

Marien wrote: Thu 20. Apr 2023, 17:49 ... the caption of the search button on my desmid site is almost the same color as the background.
hm ... I can not reproduce it on my old iPad (tested in Firefox and Safari), there the font color is green, like defined in the stylsheet:

Code: Select all

.searchbox .text, .searchbox .submit {
	border: 2px solid #c0c0c0;
	background: white;
	color: green;
}
Try following:

Code: Select all

.searchbox .text, .searchbox .submit {
	border: 2px solid #c0c0c0;
	background: #fff!important;
	color: #333!important;
}
Gert
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services
Marien

Post by Marien »

Dear Gert,

Sorry for the late reply, I had a short holyday.
I have made some additional tests on an older iPad and Firefox and Chrome browsers in the iPad. The behaviour was on all systems the same (no visible caption of the button).

But after removing all browser data the iPad behaved as expected. But I had to clear the browse history for every single browser in order to let it function.

Sorry for bothering you with this problem,
Marien