Cannot save changes to pages i CMS5.8

CMSimple 4.0 und höher
fha

Cannot save changes to pages i CMS5.8

Post by fha »

Dear all,
We just (almost) succesfully updated our web server from CMS 4.0 to CMS 5.8 and enabled php 8.0 on the server.
All pages existing can be seen. We can run setup.php and set password (though it was not necessary) so the update seem almost ok.

But when we login and make chages to web pages and save these, there is no updates made to the pages. We get a message: CSRF protection - logout »
and can either go back in the browser og logout but the changes are ignored.

What can be the cause og this?

Also I looked for log files but I don't find any. How can I enable loggging so I perhap could find the cause of this.

Thanks for valuable feedback

-Frederik
Gert

Re: Cannot save changes to pages i CMS5.8

Post by Gert »

fha wrote: Sat 8. Oct 2022, 16:22 Also I looked for log files but I don't find any. How can I enable loggging so I perhap could find the cause of this.
This is CMSimple, it does not log all what you are doing ;)
fha wrote: Sat 8. Oct 2022, 16:22 But when we login and make chages to web pages and save these, there is no updates made to the pages. We get a message: CSRF protection - logout »
and can either go back in the browser og logout but the changes are ignored.
You can disable CSRF protection in the CMS Configuration.

Maybe there are some problems with sessions on your server, or have you leaved your PC without saving and logging out? After some time the CSRF protection will be in action, if enabled,

Gert
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services
fha

Post by fha »

Thanks,
Gert wrote:
You can disable CSRF protection in the CMS Configuration.
but I cannot change the configuration. It gives the same problem :-(
(Btw should the line be empty instead of "true" to disable?)

Can I edit some server side file to disable CSFR protection?
Gert wrote:
Maybe there are some problems with sessions on your server, or have you leaved your PC without saving and logging out? After some time the CSRF protection will be in action, if enabled,
Yes, I could think that some reload should be done on the server side? The site is hosted by some provider, so I have to figure out how to make them restart the server side.

Yours,
-Frederik
Gert

Post by Gert »

fha wrote: Sun 9. Oct 2022, 14:13 should the line be empty instead of "true" to disable?
Yes, or enter "gnmpf" or so ... ;)
fha wrote: Sun 9. Oct 2022, 14:13 but I cannot change the configuration. It gives the same problem
In this case download the file ./cmsimple/config.php, open it with an code editor, change the line by hand and upload again.

But I really do not know, what happens there on your server ...

Gert
fha

Post by fha »

Gert wrote: In this case download the file ./cmsimple/config.php, open it with an code editor, change the line by hand and upload again.
I managed to change the config file and now I can make and save changes to the existing pages :D

But it seems, that I canot drag-and-drop nor change the page structure in pagemanager ? Save has apperently no effect after update ?

Yours,
-Frederik
Gert

Post by Gert »

Sorry, but without a link and CMSimple Password (by PM) I can not help anymore,

Gert
fha

Post by fha »

Gert wrote: Tue 11. Oct 2022, 10:38 Sorry, but without a link and CMSimple Password (by PM) I can not help anymore,
Do you have an email where I could send you the information you need?

-Frederik
Gert

Post by Gert »

Hello, thank you for the access.

Sorry, but you need professional help. I have found folders (for example templates/ and userfiles/ under plugins/) they have nothing to do there. Seems that there some uploads gone wrong, and nobody knows, what else happened ...

And your MembersArea also is very old.

My recommendation: Setup CMSimple 5.8 new, test it and then extend it step by step to your current website,

Gert
Gert

Post by Gert »

... there is an empty line before your doctype. Where this comes from? As I seen: not from the template.

Your installation is a catastrophe ... what you have done? What happens on your website?
fha

Post by fha »

Gert wrote: Tue 11. Oct 2022, 17:34 ... there is an empty line before your doctype. Where this comes from? As I seen: not from the template.

Your installation is a catastrophe ... what you have done? What happens on your website?
Thanks for your effort this far. Basicaly I have just taken over this web site recently. What we did recently was just to upload the upgrade files to come from 4 to 5.8. Before that the site worked fine.

But I think I agree with you, that a fresh install and a gradually restore must be done. We have a bavkup so it should not be too difficult ?

I have one more question: The webpages that we have (in the backup) how and where are they represented in the server file system?

Thanks you again for you valuable feedback.

-Frederik