fotopro plugin failed with the playground

Erweiterungen
k2motofila

fotopro plugin failed with the playground

Post by k2motofila »

hello
I don't speak german and just a little english sorry by advance.
I try to explain with details my problem :

I am facing a problem with fotopro that I can't solve.
I explain :
I have written a small website with cmsimple for an association and it works well : valdorvault.free.fr
Now, I would like to add a slideshow with fotopro for a few photos.

For the beginning and to understand I have tried to use the playground.
so I have download the plugin Fotopro;
This plugin contains 2 directories : plugins and userfiles.
So I copied the directory "plugins" in the directory "plugins" of the website.
and I copied directory "userfiles" in the directory "userfiles" of the website.

because of the copies the contents of the download directories have come to expand the directories of the website.
that is a little weird but I noticed that the directory "userfiles" of fotopro contains also a directory called "plugins" because I have the tree structure :
userfiles
+--> plugins
+--> fotopro
+--> _copytemplate0...
+--> _copytemplate0...
+--> _copytemplate1...
+--> _copytempla2...
+--> _copytempla3...
+--> _copytempla4...
+--> playground
I think it doesn't matter and it must be ok like that. anyway.

I was a programmer but I only have a few notions in the languages php and css.
All these explanations to come to :
according to the documentation written in german I would have only to add the instruction :
{{{plugin:FotoProLB('playground');}}}. It would be rather easy to do.
I don't really understand what it means but I can do the cut/paste in the file content.php and it should operate.
I did that.
unfortunaly, after the modification, when I launch the website, I only obtain the error message :
{{CALL TO:PLUGIN:fotopro('playground'); FAILED}}

I looked up in the forum of cmsimple. I can notice that someone had the same problem.
But the forum didn't help him and doesn't help me at the same time.

So my question is :

Is there anybody who can show me the WHOLE content of a file "content.php" that can
activate correctly the slideshow called "playground".

thank you very much for your answer or any explanations that can help me or even that can try to help me.
Patrick.
k2motofila

Re: fotopro plugin failed with the playground

Post by k2motofila »

I have forgotten to say that I think that I also changed correctly the properties : chmod 666 and chmod 777
Patrick
Gert

Post by Gert »

Hello,

the path to the galleries must be:

./userfiles/plugins/fotopro/

To the playground gallery for example:

./userfiles/plugins/fotopro/playground/ ... the files and folders of the gallery

Gert
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services
Gonzo Gates

Post by Gonzo Gates »

Hello Patrick,

did you copied the Folder 'fotopro' from the Plugin-zip to 'CMSroot/plugins/' or the hole Folder 'plugins' to 'CMSroot/plugins/'? It only works with path 'CMSroot/plugins/fotopro'. I think, that you got the error {{CALL TO:PLUGIN:fotopro('playground'); FAILED}}, because you have not have the right path to the Plugin.

You can localy test your Website with 'USBWebserver CMSimple 1.0' -> https://www.ge-webdesign.de/usbwebserver/en/. So you can see first, how the Webside behaves, and than, if it works and fits to your needs, you can upload the Site or the changes you made. I recommend the Tool 'FreeFileSync' to do it the 2nd way.

@Gert: I'm an INFLUENCER :!:

Greets
Gonzo
Ich kenne keinen Sysadmin oder Programmierer, der sich noch nie ins Knie geschossen hat :!:
k2motofila

Post by k2motofila »

finally I followed your advice. I have restart the copies; I have verified the two main directories of the plugin; I have tested in local first; it was ok; and I have restarted the upload;
perhaps Filezilla didn't work well. Sometimes it doesn't work well and some files are not uploaded as requested.
or perhaps it simply comes from me.

Anyway. Now it works well. I am so grateful for your help and for the quality of this plugin. thanks !