Unconvinient File Browser

CMSimple 4.0 und höher
valmin

Unconvinient File Browser

Post by valmin »

Hi,

In the newer versions the user view has changed. Before the files you have stored on the server were shown as a list where you could see the whole filename. But now whether you choose to view as thumbnails or as list view, the view of the file name are shortened and you have to hold your cursor over every file to see the whole name. When you have a lot of files, like summeries that start with the same name ei. "Referat - bestyrelsesmoede 14-20-2019" where only the date show the difference, this is not very convinient.
I hope that the developers can change this, so it will be easy to see the whole filename again.

BR
valmin
Gert

Re: Unconvinient File Browser

Post by Gert »

Hello,

thanks for your hint, but sorry, I will change nothing, because I think that the most users are happy as it is. They want to have as much as possible items on the screen.

But it is easy to realize:

1. Open the file ./css/core.css with a code editor and search&replace:

350px => 96%

2. Open the file ./plugins/filebrowser/classes/filebrowser_view.php with a code editor and search&replace:

14 => 200 (or higher, 4 x for thumbnails)
18 => 200 (or higher, 4 x for list view)

Now it should be as you want.

Awaiting your feedback - Gert
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services
valmin

Re: Unconvinient File Browser

Post by valmin »

Hello Gert,

better late than never....super tip you gave me...now I can see the whole file name, which makes it so much easier to find the right file, after you have uploaded.

Br
Valmin