Membersarea

Erweiterungen
Kowalski

Membersarea

Post by Kowalski »

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with Membersarea plugin. I followed by steps in 'Short Documentation Plugin MembersArea' and when I try to log in using
<?php echo membersarea_login('the_login_page');?> it works only in case when 'the_login_page' relates to the page which doesn't exist on my web page (here I keep being login and if I want to logout, I should go first to the page which doesn't exist...). It is wird. On the other hand, when 'the_login_page' is 'null', it is not working well (being login is not visible anymore after changing pages). But when 'the_login_page' is one of pages on my web, then I am redirecting to this page and cannot login... :cry:

I will be grateful for some hints how to solve it.

Best regards,
Kowalski
Gert

Re: Membersarea

Post by Gert »

Hello,

sorry, but I can't reproduce your problem. For me all is working, in many installations, on many servers and also on my plugindemo page:

http://www.ge-webdesign.de/plugindemo/? ... embersArea

Without a link to your website and CMSimple password (by PM) I can't help,

Gert
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services
Gert

Post by Gert »

Hello,

thanks for link and password ;)

It was an encoding problem. Your (very old) template has declared "iso-8859-1", but CMSimple is utf-8 encoded and declares it in the function head(). I have removed following from your template (above </head>):

Code: Select all

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
Now it seems to work.

But I recommend you following steps:

- update CMSimple to version 4.5.4
- use a modern template or convert the template.htm to "utf-8 without BOM"

Here you will find informations:

http://www.cmsimple.org/doku/en/?Update ... ile_format

Gert
Gert

Post by Gert »

What you have done?

It was working, but now I'm logged out again, when I call another page ...

Try to use the default template __cmsimple_default__ , just for testing. And is your content.htm encoded as utf-8 without BOM?

And avoid special characters in folder names (~.../),

Gert

PS: Now it is working again, and I see, you have updated CMSimple successfully ;)

PS2: Now I'm logged out again, when I call another page ... I should wait until you are ready ;)
Kowalski

Post by Kowalski »

Dear Gert,

Now my CMSimple is updated to new version (CMSimple 4.5.4) and now I have content.php with utf-8 without BOM encoded.

The problem still appears. I can't see any difference in membersarea plugin.

These special characters like (~..../) are typcial for URL on my server.

Kowalski

PS Please, try to login in my membersarea and then change the page. Then you can see that you are not login anymore... :(

PS2 Yes, so this is the same like was before my update CMSimple :(

Gert wrote:What you have done?

It was working, but now I'm logged out again, when I call another page ...

Try to use the default template __cmsimple_default__ , just for testing. And is your content.htm encoded as utf-8 without BOM?

And avoid special characters in folder names (~.../),

Gert

PS: Now it is working again, and I see, you have updated CMSimple successfully ;)
Last edited by Kowalski on Sat 17. Oct 2015, 16:13, edited 1 time in total.
Gert

Post by Gert »

Kowalski wrote:Please, try to login in my membersarea and then change the page. Then you can see that you are not login anymore...
Yes, I know, but sometimes it was working, during your changes ... I don't know, what it is ...

Please try the default template. Your current template is still ISO encoded (template.htm),

Gert
Kowalski

Post by Kowalski »

This is the same even for default template :(

"Login" works when you call page which doesn't exist on my website (just put random phrase in the end of my website) and then use 'login'.
If you 'login' on one of the pages which can be found on my website, you are logged once (calling another pages causes logout)...

If somebody has any idea to solve it, I will appreciate it.

Cheers,
Kowalski

Gert wrote:
Kowalski wrote:Please, try to login in my membersarea and then change the page. Then you can see that you are not login anymore...
Yes, I know, but sometimes it was working, during your changes ... I don't know, what it is ...

Please try the default template. Your current template is still ISO encoded (template.htm),

Gert
Gert

Post by Gert »

Hm - seems to be a serverside problem, encoding or session settings.

Is the server an apache?

Does it allow .htaccess?

Is a .htaccess file in the CMSimple Root Folder, content: AddDefaultCharset UTF-8 ?

Can you call the installation by subfolder of the domain, not by sub-sub-subdomain? Is it working in this case?

The serverside default setting for encoding should be utf-8.

Can you activate the old CMSimple password, so I can have a look about the server settings,

Gert
Gert

Post by Gert »

Kowalski wrote:"Login" works when you call page which doesn't exist on my website ...
Ah - now I understand. Works also from "Mapa strony", for login and logout.

Strange ... I have no idea ...

Gert
Last edited by Gert on Sat 17. Oct 2015, 16:38, edited 2 times in total.
Kowalski

Post by Kowalski »

Yes, the server is apache. I hope it allows .htaccess. In the CMSimple Root Folder is .htaccess file and when I edit it I see 'AddDefaultCharset UTF-8'.

K

PS You are right, it works also from 'Mapa Strony'. It is strange...

Gert wrote:Hm - seems to be a serverside problem, encoding or session settings.

Is the server an apache?

Does it allow .htaccess?

Is a .htaccess file in the CMSimple Root Folder, content: AddDefaultCharset UTF-8 ?

Can you call the installation by subfolder of the domain, not by sub-sub-subdomain? Is it working in this case?

The serverside default setting for encoding should be utf-8.

Can you activate the old CMSimple password, so I can have a look about the server settings,

Gert
Last edited by Kowalski on Sat 17. Oct 2015, 16:41, edited 1 time in total.