Userfiles?

CMSimple 4.0 und höher
russ57

Userfiles?

Post by russ57 »

Hello everyone
I've just upgraded our site to cm Simple latest version, from 3.5
The site works fine, but I can't upload new files. The 'files' tab doesn't show any content, and uploads fail with 'something went wrong'. I've turned debug on, but I can't find any trace of debug output?
Any assistance welcome..

Russell (Australia)
Ps, the site is abavic.org.au
Gert

Re: Userfiles?

Post by Gert »

russ57 wrote:I've just upgraded our site to cm Simple latest version, from 3.5
Hi Russel,

at first you should check, if all files, used from the old installation, are encoded in UTF8 without BOM (Byte Order Mark).
russ57 wrote:The 'files' tab doesn't show any content, and uploads fail with 'something went wrong'.
Your images folder now is "./userfiles/images/". You can let the old images in "./images/", so you have not to change the references in the content.php, but new images should be be uploaded to "./userfiles/images/".

And: Maybe you have to make the userfiles folder and all subfolders writable (dependent from your server),

Gert

====================================

PS: Maybe you have found an old and incorrect part of the documentation. I have corrected it:

http://www.cmsimple.org/doku/en/?Update ... les_folder
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services
russ57

Post by russ57 »

thank you for prompt reply.
i have set permissions to 777 so i think that should be ok. the editor can find files in downloads, to insert links, so i think that is ok. but the 'files' tab in the back end doesnt show any files in the folder, and all uploads fail with 'something went wrong'. Even creating a new subfolder doesnt work.
I have one question though. I have the 'userfiles' folder at the same level as CMSimple. does it need to be in a subsfolder of CMSimple? I am afraid if i move it, it will break links...
-russell
Gert

Post by Gert »

russ57 wrote:I have the 'userfiles' folder at the same level as CMSimple. does it need to be in a subsfolder of CMSimple?
Yes. You will find the correct file and folder structure in the download, please don't change it. Please don't move the userfiles folder, otherwise the filebrowser (and the admin menu) will not work.
russ57 wrote:I am afraid if i move it, it will break links...
Let the old folders ./images/ and ./downloads/ with all the files at the old places, so your old links and references will work furthermore. If you want, copy the files to the new folders ./userfiles/images/ and ./userfiles/downloads/, for later work,

Gert
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services
russ57

Post by russ57 »

i fixed it...
not sure exactly what the issue was. i discovered i had not copied a couple of the new install files :o , from the root directory, but i think what fixed it was creating log.txt in the cmsimple folder....
anyway, it works... :) :)

-russell