CMSimple additional features

CMSimple 4.0 und höher
Dare

CMSimple additional features

Post by Dare »

Hi,

as far as I remember there were some useful features and plugins for the "old" CMSimple such as:
  • News archive.
  • Showing/hiding a part of a text in the News section.
  • A tag/tag cloud plugin.
  • Inserting dates in News pages automatically.
Do you (by any chance:)) plan to include any of these in the new CMSimple? It would be great! ))

P.S. I might have missed something in your documentation but I hope I have not.

Thank you.
Gert

Re: CMSimple additional features

Post by Gert »

Hello,

for News try RealBlog: http://www.ge-webdesign.de/cmsimpleplug ... s/RealBlog

RealBlog Demo: http://www.ge-webdesign.de/cmsimplereal ... Kategorien
Dare wrote:P.S. I might have missed something in your documentation but I hope I have not.
Yes, you are right - but my time is limited. CMSimple, near 30 plugins, and not forget the real life ;-) - there is a lot to do in documentation and translation.

But some things have to wait ...

A lot of old plugins are not available anymore, and the developers are not active anymore. But there are many new and better plugins available, even if not every old plugin has found a successor,

Gert
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services
Dare

Post by Dare »

Oh, well, It means I have not missed anything in German - it's a good news)

No real life = no proper work ;)

Yes, you've already done a good job and there is much else to do. Also, translation is a matter of high importance, I agree, because, as I've mentioned in another thread, autotranslators (like Google etc.) are not good for translations requiring clear technical guidance and explanations.

We'll be waiting)). Good luck!
Gert

Post by Gert »

Dare wrote:We'll be waiting)). Good luck!
The community should not wait, but do something.

CMSimple is completely for free, and my templates and plugins are free for noncommercial websites. There are many many users of CMSimple in Western Europe, using CMSimple, my templates and plugins on noncommercial websites for free and are speaking German and English.

For example: The most Dutchmen are understanding German, and are speaking a very much better English than me.

A lot of CMSimple users could help you, and translate the German help file of a plugin (or whatever you need) for you to English. And you could translate it to your language. And I could add this help files to the download.

This way, Open Source Projects are working,

Gert
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services
Dare

Post by Dare »

Gert wrote:
Dare wrote:We'll be waiting)). Good luck!
The community should not wait, but do something.
<...>
A lot of CMSimple users could help you, and translate the German help file of a plugin (or whatever you need) for you to English. And you could translate it to your language. And I could add this help files to the download.
Gert
Hi, Gert,
yes, you are right, of course, but by "we will be waiting" I meant myself only and also coding for I am not an IT speicalist hence can't contribute to CMSimple in this way. However, I could translate some CMSimple docs from English into Russian even if, as a translator, I don't think it's the best way because, you know, a "double" translation (language 1 ---> language 2 ---> language 3) can result in going far away from the original text. But I could try.

Could you give me a full list of the files that need to be translated? I don't promise to do it asap but step by step - ok.

P.S. RealBlog works for me. Thank you!