Cannot change link colors

CMSimple 4.0 und höher
lwinther

Cannot change link colors

Post by lwinther »

Hi,
I use CMSimple 4.4.2, and I want my links in the text to be blue/purple the old standard way, and purple after use, so I have edited the default stylesheet.
Near the buttom of that file, there is the set of link formatting lines.

In the first line:
a:link {color: #269; text-decoration: none;}

if I change none to underlined, the link gets underlined, but if I change the color value to #00f (blue) the linktext remains Black (the color it was originaly written in.)

What am I missing to do to get blue links?

Regards,

Lars Winther
Gert

Re: Cannot change link colors

Post by Gert »

Hello,

you have given not enough informations. Which template you are using?

But I guess, there are more link stylings in the stylesheet.css, for special areas (toc, header, locator, footer etc.)

Gert
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services
lwinther

Post by lwinther »

I use the default template and default stylesheet, that is saved in the same folder.
As I read the sheet, there are different link settings for sidebar navigation and footer notes, and finaly for all other links.
Since the links, that I want blue, is in the page text, I expect the last set of link attributes to be active.
The funny thing is, that if I set the a:link attributes to underline, the link text gets underunderlined, but ig I change the colorcode to blue (#00f)
the linktext stays Black. I have also tried to change the attributes of the other four( a: visited ....etc.) links sentenses, bug the text stays Black.

Regards,
Lars
Gert

Post by Gert »

lwinther wrote:I use the default template and default stylesheet, that is saved in the same folder.
In the default template the link color in the content area is not black, but bluegrey:

http://www.ge-webdesign.de/plugindemo/?Weitere_Plugins

If you mean the menu/navigation (only there the link color is darkgrey/black), delete completely:

Code: Select all

#tplge_sidebar1 a:link {color: #222; font-style: normal;}
#tplge_sidebar1 a:visited {color: #222; font-style: normal;}
#tplge_sidebar1 a:hover {color: #c60; font-style: normal; text-decoration: none;}
#tplge_sidebar1 a:active {color: #c60; font-style: normal; text-decoration: none;}
#tplge_sidebar1 a:focus {color: #c60; font-style: normal; text-decoration: none;}
Gert
lwinther

Post by lwinther »

Hi,
Thank you for helping me so far.
The "problem" turns out to be the use of the link. If I insert a link to an externel page, it is blue,
but if I insert a link to a download file it stays black. How/where do I change the attributes of a download link?

I cannot find very much documentation on the CMSimple system, so just one final question:
Where can I find a description of the use of all the Classes in the Insert Link window/menu.

Regards,
Lars
Gert

Post by Gert »

lwinther wrote:If I insert a link to an externel page, it is blue, but if I insert a link to a download file it stays black.
This is caused neither by CMSimple, nor from the template.
lwinther wrote:Where can I find a description of the use of all the Classes in the Insert Link window/menu.
Nowhere - it's template dependent (shows all CSS classes of the template).

And now (again): no further investigation without more informations about your installation (for example: installed plugins) and a link to the website, I have no time to search in the fog,

Gert
lwinther

Post by lwinther »

Thank You, I wont take any more of your time.

Lars