Problem with the search engine (Error 500)

CMSimple 4.0 und höher
jack31
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri 19. Feb 2021, 20:54
Location: France

Problem with the search engine (Error 500)

Post by jack31 » Tue 23. Feb 2021, 16:35

Hello everyone,

With an installation under PHP Version 5.6.40, CMSimple 5.3, the search engine gives me an Error 500.

What do you think about this?

https://tuto-cmsimple.reseauk.info/

Note : An other installation on the same server is OK and y don't inderstand why..

Gert
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sun 18. Nov 2012, 14:18

Re: Problem with the search engine (Error 500)

Post by Gert » Tue 23. Feb 2021, 18:20

jack31 wrote:
Tue 23. Feb 2021, 16:35
Note : An other installation on the same server is OK and y don't inderstand why..
Me also not :(

You have activated Xhtml endslashes - WHY? We are living in times of html5 ...

Gert
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services

jack31
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri 19. Feb 2021, 20:54
Location: France

Re: Problem with the search engine (Error 500)

Post by jack31 » Tue 23. Feb 2021, 18:30

Where ?

jack31
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri 19. Feb 2021, 20:54
Location: France

Re: Problem with the search engine (Error 500)

Post by jack31 » Tue 23. Feb 2021, 18:57

Y have no endslashes

Only...
Xhtml
Endtags:
Amp:

And y dont no We are living in times of html5 LOL

Gert
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sun 18. Nov 2012, 14:18

Re: Problem with the search engine (Error 500)

Post by Gert » Wed 24. Feb 2021, 08:18

jack31 wrote:
Tue 23. Feb 2021, 16:35
Note : An other installation on the same server is OK and y don't inderstand why..
Because you seems to be the "Master Of Configuration" ;) you should test it with an unchanged CMSimple installation in a subfolder of the same webspace,

Gert

===========================

PS: found following in the sourcecode of your website:

Code: Select all

<meta name="robots" content="index,folow">
"follow" should be written with "ll".
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services

jack31
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri 19. Feb 2021, 20:54
Location: France

Re: Problem with the search engine (Error 500)

Post by jack31 » Wed 24. Feb 2021, 08:55

In fact, I'm juggling between several installations because I'm testing the CMS in PHP 5.6.40 on one space and another one in PHP 7.4.11 on the same hosting with or without domain name, in sub/directory and also in sub/domain even if I read somewhere that you don't like it ;).

I'm not a "configuration master" but a Sunday hacker with little knowledge but good will. Lol!

I'm especially concerned that we'll soon have to give up PHP 5.6 and I wonder if CMSimple has any future with that and if I shouldn't focus on PHP 7. In France, we don't have 8 yet.

What do you think about that?

For the search business that doesn't work on my site, I don't know what to do. Probably deactivate it.

In any case, with its multi-sites system, I won't have to do multiple installations as I'm used to for my tests and it's really a pleasure. :)






Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Gert
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sun 18. Nov 2012, 14:18

Re: Problem with the search engine (Error 500)

Post by Gert » Wed 24. Feb 2021, 09:22

jack31 wrote:
Wed 24. Feb 2021, 08:55
I'm especially concerned that we'll soon have to give up PHP 5.6 and I wonder if CMSimple has any future with that and if I shouldn't focus on PHP 7. In France, we don't have 8 yet.

What do you think about that?
CMSimple and all my plugins are working under php8. Minimum is php 5.6. All between should be ok. That's the state of the art,

Gert
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services

jack31
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri 19. Feb 2021, 20:54
Location: France

Re: Problem with the search engine (Error 500)

Post by jack31 » Wed 24. Feb 2021, 11:06

So, if I understand correctly, CMSimple works on all versions between 5.6 and 8 PHP without any problem ?

Another question: What are the "weaknesses" of the CMS that I should know before going any further ?

Gert
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sun 18. Nov 2012, 14:18

Re: Problem with the search engine (Error 500)

Post by Gert » Wed 24. Feb 2021, 15:17

jack31 wrote:
Wed 24. Feb 2021, 11:06
So, if I understand correctly, CMSimple works on all versions between 5.6 and 8 PHP without any problem ?
Nothing in this world works without any problems. "The biggest problem" mostly operates keyboard and mouse, including me ;)
jack31 wrote:
Wed 24. Feb 2021, 11:06
Another question: What are the "weaknesses" of the CMS that I should know before going any further ?
This question should be answered by someone else :mrgreen:

Gert
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services

jack31
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri 19. Feb 2021, 20:54
Location: France

Re: Problem with the search engine (Error 500)

Post by jack31 » Wed 24. Feb 2021, 16:14

Cette question doit être répondue par quelqu'un d'autre
:twisted:

In my house they say, "It is better to turn to God than to his saints," and you won't get away with it. Lol!

The reason I'm asking this question is that I spend so much time with your CMS because it interests me for so many reasons, and since I find it difficult to browse the forums with a translator, it's not easy to grasp its subtleties.

In a sect, you say "Amen" to everything and you don't criticize the store.

The proselyte integrates himself by raising his hands to heaven, gives his resources and his soul, invests himself like the damned and one day realizes that there are holes in the cheese. He had not been informed of this.

Well, for me, it wouldn't be too serious although I'm almost ready to migrate my sites to CSMsimple but I just had a disillusionment.

A few months ago, I migrated two of my sites (the main ones) to CSMsimple but they didn't tell me that there was a typo and the result was that I lost them with the excellent SEO that went with it.

Not to mention the weeks of tinkering and the disarray of not being told everything. I became cautious and preferred to ask the questions before ;)

In fact, doing a search with "Powered by CMSimple", I find a very large amount of abandoned sites and that makes me ask myself the question: Why?

You're going to tell me that the past is the past and that the takeover by you is quite recent, that there is no common measure between the before and the after and that your work is of high quality but that I already know.

You have done a magnificent job but you have to understand that CMS and me, it's a [very] long story and when I find one that suits me, I don't adopt it. I marry it.

I think you will have understood my concerns as long as the translator is faithful. Long sentences are not always understood with these tools. Lol!

With hope,

:)







Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Post Reply