Cannot save changes to pages i CMS5.8

CMSimple 4.0 und höher
Gert

Re: Cannot save changes to pages i CMS5.8

Post by Gert »

fha wrote: Wed 12. Oct 2022, 14:36 What we did recently was just to upload the upgrade files to come from 4 to 5.8. Before that the site worked fine.
So you have done all the mistakes by yourself ;)

I hope you made a backup before the update? In this case you could restore the old site and try it again. It is easy: Copy all files and folders of the extracted download to the installation folder of your CMSimple (CMSimpleRoot). You should find them in a folder "CMSimple_Update_4-0_5-8" after unzip the download.
fha wrote: Wed 12. Oct 2022, 14:36 I have one more question: The webpages that we have (in the backup) how and where are they represented in the server file system?
If you do not know that, it is not a wonder, that the update is gone wrong ...

YOU have to know the CMSimpleRoot Folder (Installation folder) of your website, BEFORE you upload anything to your file system.

Sorry, but I do not know your Webserver.

To learn more about the file structure of CMSimple, have a look about the extracted download,

Gert
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services
fha

Post by fha »

Gert wrote: Wed 12. Oct 2022, 16:11 So you have done all the mistakes by yourself ;)
Well, I don't mind taking the blame. But I'm pretty sure I made the update installation correct.
Anyway, as I'm very new to CMS there is a lot I have to learn ;)
Gert wrote: Wed 12. Oct 2022, 16:11 I hope you made a backup before the update? In this case you could restore the old site and try it again. It is easy: Copy all files and folders of the extracted download to the installation folder of your CMSimple (CMSimpleRoot). You should find them in a folder "CMSimple_Update_4-0_5-8" after unzip the download.
Yes, I did make a backup ;)
But I followed you earlier advice and installed an xamp server on my laptop, installed latest version of CMSimple as a virtual root, installed the old tamplate and reconfigued it to fit our needs.

As I didn't feel comfortable with the content and pagedata file formats related to our webpages, I recreated all our web pages. And I did update the server with this new version and now the server is running perfectly and works as it should, including providing a menu icon when the display is small, e.g. on a mobile phone :D

But if you have a liitle more parience with me, I'm having little trouble getting the mailform service to run. I have configured an email address in CMS config and get the form displayed correctly. But submitting it results in no email :?:

The email address configured in CMS is that a To: adresss or a mail server address which the web hosting provider probably would hand out?

Our provider recommends using php's mail() function, but I can not really resolve where and if the mailform in CMS results in calling this php function?

Yours,
-Frederik
Gert

Post by Gert »

fha wrote: Fri 21. Oct 2022, 13:05 I have configured an email address in CMS config and get the form displayed correctly. But submitting it results in no email
Is the mail address a domain own address? More and more webservers accept only domain own addresses:

mail@your_domain.tld

I sent yo a testmail by your mailform on your website, have you gotten it? The mailform says "Beskeden er blevet sendt".
fha wrote: Fri 21. Oct 2022, 13:05 Our provider recommends using php's mail() function, but I can not really resolve where and if the mailform in CMS results in calling this php function?
The standard mailform of CMSimple uses the function mail(),

Gert
fha

Post by fha »

Ok, I know it has nothing to do with CMSimple, but perhaps you have experience in this problem and could help:

The emails sendt in the contact form is available in the email account at the provider, so i works as expected. I alse see the test email you entered. The provide claims that they have setup forwarding these to my private gmail address.

But I never receive any nor see these in my spam folder. My provider claims that gmail/google have very strict filters regarding such forwarded emails and that's why I don't receive them.

Have you experience in this issue? I know that it has nothing to do with CMSimple but if you can help it will be very much appriciated :)
Gert

Post by Gert »

fha wrote: Mon 24. Oct 2022, 16:34 I know it has nothing to do with CMSimple, but perhaps you have experience in this problem and could help
Unfortunately not, I don't use google or gmail addresses.
fha wrote: Mon 24. Oct 2022, 16:34 My provider claims that gmail/google have very strict filters regarding such forwarded emails and that's why I don't receive them.
And I have very strict manual filters :mrgreen: regarding google or gmail addresses. If someone registers to this forum with such a mail address, I ask for confirmation, before I create the account ...

Gert
Gert

Post by Gert »

fha wrote: But it seems, that I canot drag-and-drop nor change the page structure in pagemanager ? Save has apperently no effect after update ?
Now I found a bug in pagemanager, only effectiv if csrf protection is disabled.

Bugfix in pagemanager admin.php, replace (line 280f):

Code: Select all

if($cf['use']['csrf_protection'] == 'true') $bo.= '<form id="pagemanager-form" action="' . $sn . '?&amp;pagemanager&amp;edit" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="csrf_token" value="' . $_SESSION[$csrfSession] . '">' . "\n";
by:

Code: Select all

$bo.= '<form id="pagemanager-form" action="' . $sn . '?&amp;pagemanager&amp;edit" method="post">';
	if($cf['use']['csrf_protection'] == 'true') $bo.= '<input type="hidden" name="csrf_token" value="' . $_SESSION[$csrfSession] . '">' . "\n";
A very stupid bug :oops:

CMSimple 5.9 will come in January 2023. Until then, pagemanager only works with activated csrf protection,

Gert