FotoGalerie 6.9

Erweiterungen
spjoruss

FotoGalerie 6.9

Post by spjoruss »

Hello,

I have my website working and have installed the Fotogalerie plugin. I changed all the permissions on the various folders and files according to the instructions in the help file. I created a Gallery and called it in my webpage and then uploaded photos to the upload folder with FileZilla. Then went back into the Fotogalerie and added images from the upload folder to the gallery. Everything worked fine.

But, when I go to the webpage to view the gallery I see no thumbnails, only the text name of the file as a hyperlink. The help file says that the images need 666 file permissions. When I tried to change the permissions of the thumbnails and images using Filezilla the operation is denied. The current permissions are 664.
My webserver is running php 5.4 and apache 2.4.

How do I solve this problem?

Thanks,
Sperry
Gert

Re: FotoGalerie 6.9

Post by Gert »

Hello,

seems you have forgotten to upload the .htaccess files, or your ftp programm has not done it.

Check, if there are .htaccess files in the folders:

./content/plugins/fotogalerie/data/
./content/plugins/fotogalerie/images/

Gert
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services
spjoruss

Post by spjoruss »

Hello Gert,

The .htaccess files are present in both locations. I have found some information from my web hosts documentation that may be what the problem is. They recently upgraded to php 5.4 and apache 2.4. See if this makes sense to you.

"Both PHP 5.4 and 5.5 also use a new configuration method. Rather than pasting PHP-related configuration directives into .htaccess files, instead you can create a /home/conf/php.ini file that will be parsed after (not instead of) the main php.ini file. You can put your custom settings there."

If I understand this correctly then I have to put the .htaccess info into a php.ini file?

Thanks,
Gert

Post by Gert »

Hello,

I have no problems with php 5.5.5 and FotoGalerie: http://cmsimple.bplaced.net/?FotoGalerie

If you have problems with .htaccess, move the data from the content folder to ./userfiles/plugins/fotogalerie/ and change (adapt) the Plugin Configuration (filepath data: and filepath images: ),

Gert
spjoruss

Post by spjoruss »

Okay, I did that and I still had the problem that when I try to change the permissions on the images from 664 to 666 I am denied.

But, I finally figured it out after I found some more info on my web hosts site. My host is using apache 2.4 "If your .htaccess files use the “Order” directive, they won’t work with Apache 2.4."

A link to php examples: https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/upgrading.html

So I had to change the .htaccess in the /content, /content/plugins/fotogalerie/data, and /content/plugins/fotogalerie/images

from
Order allow,deny
Allow from all

to
Require all granted

And, now everything is working fine.

Thanks for your help,
Sperry
Gert

Post by Gert »

spjoruss wrote:So I had to change the .htaccess in the /content, /content/plugins/fotogalerie/data, and /content/plugins/fotogalerie/images

from
Order allow,deny
Allow from all

to
Require all granted
Thanks for investigation ... grrr, seems there are new problems coming up in the next future :roll:

Gert
spjoruss

Post by spjoruss »

The new world of technology is great in some ways. But the constant change is always screwing things up! :roll: