memberspages on subsites

Erweiterungen
Craig

memberspages on subsites

Post by Craig »

I know Gert isn't the author of memberspages, but I can't find anywhere else to ask the question.

I'm trying to run a site with multiple subsites. These subsites are for small groups within the main organisation.
I've moved the plugins folder into each subsite and all seem to be working well, but memberspages is giving me a problem.

After I log in to a subsite using memberspages, It activates the members pages on ALL the other subsites.
I can't see where to set a variable to assign it to a single subsite.

Any ideas please?
Gert

Re: memberspages on subsites

Post by Gert »

Hi Craig,

you can`t change that behavior, please contact the author of the memberpages plugin,

Gert
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services
Craig

Post by Craig »

Thanks Gert.
I've emailed who I think is the author - let's hope my email arrives safely.

I've had a look at the Memberspage plugin and think I'm getting warm.
Memberpages uses a session variable to hold the details of who has logged on.
I've added a prefix of this session var and now I can log in, and visit other subsites pages without seeing 'their' members pages.
One problem I have now is that I can't log out of my test subsite. I guess I mssed something.

It strikes me that it could be a fairly simple addition to the plugin, to add a prefix to the config options.
I'll post more if I get any closer.

Kind regards to all.
svasti

Post by svasti »

Hi Craig,

got your email.
My first thought was, why not set access mode to "access to pages with SAME or no value".
Then you give the memberpages on a subsite the same cypher as access value, e.g.
subsite a gets 1
subsite b gets 2
subsite c gets 3

Members, who are supposed to see only the memberpages of subsite a get the access level 1.
Those, who should only see memberpages of subsite b get the accesslevel 2,
(because of the access setting they will not see memberpages of subsite a)
etc.

And if you have a page on the main site, which all members should see, you simple don't give it an access level.

Would this solve your problem?

A new version is coming. New php versions limit the number of variables being send as $_POST. If you have approaching 100 members you may need the new version. However, as the session variables don't work in the new XH 1.6, publication has been postponed. (Same problem with register_XH plugin.)

regards
svasti
Craig

Post by Craig »

A-ha. Svasti - thank you for your suggestion.
... Time passes while Craig investigates ...

Genius. That'll do the job nicely. :D
The only issue I can see is that when a member from subsite A visits subsite B, they'll be invited to logout of subsite B.
This will only cause them a moments confusion, but they'll have to live with that. Life is confusing sometimes after all.

I have 11, subsites, plus the root installation - 12 access levels in total.
I assume the log file activity will shift between subsites as logged-in-members browse the other subsites.
Can logging be switched off?

Thanks once again for the steer. Delighted with CMSimple and the plugins.
PM me Svasti if you want to see my dev site. (and Gert)

Kr, Craig