Default 2nd Language

Allgemeines
tze_frog

Default 2nd Language

Post by tze_frog »

Hi CMSimple Forum,

I have installed CMSimple 4.04 and use template sepia_flex760_m768. I have copied and renamed the folder <2lang> to <da> to create a Danish version. I have renamed the <config.php> file in the <da> folder to have one configuration only. When I in Setting CMS set <Language Default> to <en> it works. Intially the page comes up with a Danish flag. Clicking that I get the <content.htm> from the <da> folder. Here an English flag and I can go back.

If I set <Language Default> to <da> I start with the <content.htm> from the <da> folder but no English flag.

Having a Danish site I want to start out with the Danish site with an English flag to go to English a the secondary page. How to do that?

I have renamed the Danish and English flags da.gif and en.gif to en.gif and da.gif - it work but do you have a clean way to do it? My <content.htm> files are not yet translated. Can I copy from the root to the <da> folder?

In documentation (English) > home > second languages and subsites > create a second language the php command is missing <echo>

Thank you for your good work to further develop and maintain CMSimple. I have used v. 3 up v. 3.4 for a long time.

Br Anders
Herlev Denmark
tze_frog

Re: Default 2nd Language

Post by tze_frog »

...sorry. I could not cheat with renaming the flag *.gif files. I hope you have a suggestion for my problem.
Br Anders
Herlev - Denmark
Gert

Post by Gert »

tze_frog wrote:Having a Danish site I want to start out with the Danish site with an English flag to go to English a the secondary page. How to do that?
If Danish is the language of the main site (language default = "da"), you have to create a folder "en" (using "2lang") for the second language "en", then the en flag should appear ;)

Gert
Last edited by Gert on Thu 7. Feb 2013, 15:04, edited 1 time in total.
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services
Gert

Post by Gert »

tze_frog wrote:In documentation (English) > home > second languages and subsites > create a second language the php command is missing <echo>
That's right - thank you for the hint, have corrected it,

Gert
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services
tze_frog

Post by tze_frog »

Hi Gert,
Thank you for your support. Danish as primary language and English as secondary language works now.
Br Anders
Herlev- Denmark