language flags order

Allgemeines
Alex39

language flags order

Post by Alex39 »

Hi everyone,

with current installation of 5.1 (Danke Gert!) the language flags are ordered according abc order (for example: en, hu, it, pl, etc.).
Would it be possible to arrange the language flags in the order as I decide it (for example: de, hu, en, pl, it, etc.) and would it be possible to open it/them in a new page?
Thank you in advance for the help.

Sincerely,
Alex
Gert

Re: language flags order

Post by Gert »

Hi Alex,

both things are not possible, using the default language menu function.

You can build an own langmenu function in a ./cmsimple/userfuncs.php or write an own languagemenu by html in the template.htm,

Gert
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services
Alex39

Post by Alex39 »

Hi Gert,

thank you for the quick asnwer.
Unfortunately I am not so good neither in php neither in html programming (I am just a user), do you know anyone who can help or someone who can give some hints/guidance how to do it?
Thank you.
Sandor
Alex39

Post by Alex39 »

Hi Gert,
I just wanted something like you have in your site https://www.cmsimple.org (de, en, da), I thought that would be just a small change on a line on function.php file, but I think, you are right, maybe it is easier to make it in an order I decide it by editing the languagemenu in html in the template.
Thank you.
Alex=Sandor(in Hungarian)
Gert

Post by Gert »

Hi Sandor,

the header menus and the language menus of cmsimple.org are completely handmade. There are several multilingual subsites with own templates working together, and the Danish website is running on an own domain.

That is a very special solution, and was not made by "just a small change on a line on function.php file" ;)
Alex39 wrote: Sat 24. Oct 2020, 12:12 maybe it is easier to make it in an order I decide it by editing the languagemenu in html in the template.
That's what I meant,

Gert
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services